CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Local Network Engineer II responsibilities include design and preparation of Engineering Work Orders for land developments, new buildings, single line requests, Rehab, DSL, FTTN, FTTH, FTTT, Road Relocations, augmentation projects and special circuit requests. Utilizing the following tools; NDS, AutoCAD, Fireworks/Bidmaster, JDS, FORTE, WFMT, ARMOR, TIRKS, LFACS, and the full suite of Microsoft Office. As an OSP field engineer you will be assigneda geographic area and will be responsible for all OSP job requests. This position designs and acquires civil permits. Maintain positive interaction with Internal and External customers; maintain open conversation with Planning and all company departments providing high quality of service to the CenturyLink customers.Manage workload for a given area.
- Develops/defines plans for the implementation of new plant construction or modifications to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications, to include gathering field data.
- Assures that the most feasible, practical and economical means to complete the work are utilized.Provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitors and controls project expenditures.
- Oversees the installation/construction and testing of plant facilities.
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Requires direction and guidance with few tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field OR equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Computer skills, includingEmail-Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, ACAD and Qwest legacy systems.
- Work with Planning, Operationsand all internal and external customers, maintain budget, and assist with forecasting budgets.
- Maintain positive interaction between all governing authorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General
Alternate Location: US-Idaho-Twin Falls
Requisition #: 174243
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at (link removed)
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 8897847 twinfalls